Web3 Remote- & Homeoffice Jobs in der DACH-Region
Remote Privacy Counsel
Consensys · Schweiz, Switzerland · Remote
Details zum JobangebotOur mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with Consensys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. Consensys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About The Legal Team
The legal team at ConsenSys provides a broad range of support services to our product suite. The work is varied but usually somewhere along the intersection of regulatory analysis, strategic business advice, data protection, employment law, intellectual property and general corporate work. If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient is a requirement, we are confident you’ll enjoy working with us and the broader ConsenSys team. ConsenSys always has been and will remain a remote-first company.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for someone to supplement and complement the current team at ConsenSys. We believe lawyers work best when they are challenged, intellectually stimulated, and pursuing their personal interests. We look forward to crafting a role that fits ConsenSys’s growing needs while charting a compelling career path for our new team member. To start, we’ll need help with the following:
- Providing strategic legal advice, counsel on relevant laws, national guidelines, codes and best practices in relation to data protection / privacy.Staying current with global privacy laws and practices.
- Helping manage the Global Consensys Privacy Program e.g. implementing procedures, privacy tools and privacy strategy development.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of documents including, but not limited to, data protection agreements, privacy impact assessments, vendor agreements, internal policies. Supporting maintenance of records of processing activities.
- Reports to the leads in the legal team.
- You will work closely with the existing team and also partner with internal support functions like Finance, HR, IT and the office of the CEO.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- A law degree from a leading law school and a license to practice law in either England & Wales or Ireland
- At least 2 years of data protection / privacy experience at a large reputable law firm and/or in-house
- Experience drafting and negotiating privacy-related documents
- A comprehensive grasp of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Principles and global privacy laws.
- Fluency in, or a strong desire to learn about, blockchain technology and related legal issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hard-charging, innovative, and comfortable with high levels of responsibility
- Comfort with being self-directed and learning quickly to tackle time-sensitive tasks
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Ability to effectively engage with business and legal counterparts
- Ability to handle multiple projects and matters simultaneously
- A proven academic or professional track-record demonstrating hard work, ambition and a dedication to self-improvement and excellence
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Consensys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consensys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
Gepostet am 1. Sept. 2023.