Hybrid Jobs in Deutschland
Hybrid Senior Java Backend Developer - Bookiply
Holidu · München, Bayern, Germany · Hybrid
Details zum Jobangebot
Your future team
- Bookiply is our software and service solution which helps vacation rental owners manage and distribute their properties more efficiently.
- Your team is an international group consisting of 35 Developers, Designers, Product Managers, and QAs.
- Together with your teammates, you will focus on creating a best-in-class tool to help our hosts manage their properties effortlessly, and support internal business teams by implementing and improving their processes. You will be responsible for bringing new features to our apps and delivering a great user-experience to our users.
Our Tech Stack
- Backend applications written in Java 11+ and Kotlin (with Spring Boot).
- Deployed as microservices on AWS hosted Kubernetes cluster (EKS).
- Event-driven communication between services through ActiveMQ.
- Usage of a diverse set of technologies depending on the use case such as PostgreSQL, SQS, S3, Redis, ElasticSearch, GraphQL, Kafka, and many more.
- Monitoring with Grafana, Prometheus, ELK and CloudWatch.
- Internal and external web applications written with ReactJS.
Your role in this journey
- You will be part of the team which is fully responsible for our vacation rental app and all related technologies which are used by homeowners and internal business teams (Sales, Account Managers, Customer Happiness).
- Together with your team members you will design, implement, evolve, and maintain our Java backend services, written in Java 11+ on the Spring Boot framework.
- Ensure our applications are highly scalable, able to manage a high volume of properties.
- Ensure scalable data persistence, either when storing the data in PostgreSQL, caching data in Redis, or by exploring and proposing new state of the art technologies when appropriate.
- Deploy our applications with Jenkins on our Kubernetes cluster running in AWS.
- Promote our core value of focusing on customers by monitoring our systems with Grafana, Prometheus, ELK 7 stack and proactively resolving the issues.
- Apply best practices and continuously learn and share your thoughts with your peers.
Your backpack is filled with
- A degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Several years of professional development experience in Java.
- Experience with developing web services with Spring Boot, using relational databases, and deploying applications in a cloud environment. Experience with NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Familiarity with best practices for integrating and developing RESTful APIs.
- The ability to analyze and solve issues on your own and to effectively work in a team.
- Desire to understand business cases and develop technical solutions based on them.
- Love for coding and building world-class products! We do and we hope you share our ambition!
- High motivation to learn and experiment with modern technologies.
Our adventure includes
- Have an impact on the millions of people using our product every month.
- Grow with responsibility from day 1 and develop yourself further through regular feedback, workshops and knowledge exchange.
- Use your personal development budget and 2 extra days off to enhance your professional skills by visiting conferences, buying books, attending courses and more.
- Connect and have fun with international, diverse and yet like-minded people at work, regular events and weekly office days with your team.
- Get to know the world with our flexible home office policy and the opportunity to work from other local offices.
- Go traveling for 28 vacation days + the possibility to take up to 10 unpaid vacation days with interesting discounts on our Bookiply properties.
- Get a sneak peek at the adventure that awaits you on Instagram @lifeatholidu.
Want to travel with us?
Apply online on our career page! Your first travel contact will be Katharina from HR.
We champion diversity in every aspect of life. We encourage applications from all genders, corners of the world and individual backgrounds. Please feel welcome to submit your application without a photo and details on your gender, date of birth, marital status and nationality. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Gepostet am 11. Sept. 2023.