Details zum JobangebotDeploy Your Skills In Tech For Meaningful Social Impact
women++, a Swiss based non-profit organization increasing diversity in tech, is holding deploy(impact): a hands-on software development program for social good. This is not a paid position, but rather a volunteering opportunity to apply your tech skills to creating software that will change lives!
More than ever, NGOs need tech support to continue their missions. With deploy(impact), you can make a difference. Develop software with a dynamic, interdisciplinary, and remote team from requirements to proof of concept directly with a project owner that needs your help!
This program will run from September 23 to November 4, 2023.
Participation will be remote and will require 15 dedicated hours per week.
There are only 60 spots available and the selection process is on a rolling basis, so make sure you apply soon!
This is a great opportunity to work on a data science project for a social cause!
- As a participant, you will be working on 1 tech project for social good during the 6 weeks program.
- The project will run in an Agile Methodology with six, one-week sprints. After each sprint, project teams will turn in their retrospectives for feedback in their progress.
Your role: you will be part of a research-based team/project in the creation of data science solutions for a real PO.
You will work in a team of 4-6 people amongst other data scientists, a project manager and a back-end developer.
- There is an opportunity to take the data science lead role if you have extended experience or you wish to try this role for the first time.
- Looking for your first data science project? This is your opportunity to put your skills into practice no matter your level of expertise.
You agree that all work done by project teams during the 6-week period must remain under a recognised OSI license - an open source initiative.
“Hire for attitude, train for skill.” We believe in that. So even if you do not fulfill all the requirements below, but you want to be a part of a great project for a social cause and are committed to the project's success, apply!
- Successfully completed data science studies or comparable training and experience in professional related projects.
- You are a team player with an independent and solution-oriented way of working.
- You have experience or are interested in an agile, remote teamwork environment
- Mentorship and work-opportunities: Take your profile to the next level with direct mentorship and educational workshops from tech teams of world renowned companies throughout our program. Create new connections with other tech professionals and maybe find your next dream job.
- Hands-on experience: Contribute your skills to the product’s development, from business requirements definition to proof-of-concept, together with product owners.
- Networking: Expand your network and leverage your freshly sharpened skills with abundant opportunities to meet fellow bright minds with common goals.
- Social Impact: Have the chance to witness your software being implemented in non-profits with global reach and demonstrable social impact.
- Prize: the most successful solutions will win a prize.
To complete your application you will receive a link with further instructions to the official application form.
We look forward to your application!